Thursday, November 5, 2009

gracias por escuchar

I was back in the Radio Star studio, for the fourth or fifth time.

But this time was different, I wasn´t here just for an interview. Cecilia, the woman who runs the radio show, had invited me to cohost her news program.

Before the show started, one of the other employees was passing around un mate. Hot and bitter, I let the caffeine hit my senses and focus on the show.

Cecilia handed me the news stories, and I scanned them quickly and I popped on my headphones and listened to the advertisements turn into music, turn into Cecilia´s voice and suddenly it was my turn.

When I first started the show, I wasn´t sure how many Rosarinos actually listened. But today, as we talked, Cecilia´s phone exploded with text messages asking this question and that, asking if I could speak in Spanish again, asking if I would sing black eyed peas like I had last time (fail). Halfway through the show, so many listeners had asked if I would speak Spanish that we conducted the rest of the show in two languages: her in English and me in Castellano.

I´m not really sure how to end this entry except to say that I´m really happy. Really happy with what I´m learning, really happy with what I´m seeing, really happy with the people I´m sharing my little mate gourd with.

And really happy that I´m cohosting the radio show again on Monday.



Chau america del norte, nos vemos demasiado pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment