Friday, September 4, 2009

The Red Lion

Where was I?

Oh yes, the flight was cancelled.

Long story short, we spent a night in Portland, caught a 6 am flight to Dallas. Killed about 6 hours in the Dallas airport. Boarded our flight to BA, then sat on the runway for three hours because there was a water leak in one of the bathrooms and it was flooding the plane.

When we finally arrived in Buenos Aires, we had missed our second reservations (that we had frantically made from the Dallas) for the bus to Rosario, so we killed three hours in the airport and caught the next bus.

The bus took 5 hours and finally, at 7pm on September 2nd, dropped me off in front of 425 Sarmiento ave.
Now, it´s almost dark. I am carrying 60 lbs of luggage and I am tired. I buzz up to my apartment, and a teenage boy comes down to get me.

What? I thought I had just a host mom. No, turns out I have a host brother, Famir, who is 16. Also, a host aunt (Norah) who immediately made me drop my stuff and follow her to a bar that a family friend owns. I also have Marcela, my host mom; Aldo, my host weiner dog, and two cats whose names I cannot pronounce. They are amazing. There accents are really thick, but I can understand most of what they´re saying.

More soon! Devin, Alexis (OSU-er), Veronika and I have a date with a bottle of Argentine wine (sorry mom and dad) and an electro pop music concert at the National Monument for the Flag.รง

Chiao!

Un beso para todos

No comments:

Post a Comment